While it has since been found to be highly toxic, mercury was commonly used in many household objects like thermometers, batteries, and paint until relatively recently. Since its negative effects were fully realized, manufacturers have stopped using mercury in the production of the most common, everyday products. However, many Michigan properties still have mercury-containing objects and substances on their premises.
If you developed an illness from exposure to mercury, our Michigan premises liability attorneys may be able to help. Property owners in Michigan are legally obligated to remove mercury from their premises, and when they don’t they can be held financially response for any injury or illness that ensues.